The purpose of the program is to provide emergency financial aid grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus (including eligible expenses under a student’s cost of attendance, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child care).
Individual Grant Amount
To be eligible for a Fall 2020 CARES Act Emergency Grant, a student must:
- Not be eligible to receive the Temple College $500 Area High School Graduate Scholarship.
- Have a high school diploma or recognized equivalent such as a General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Be eligible to participate in the Federal student financial aid programs under Section 484 of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended.
Title IV Eligibility Requirements
- Register in the Fall 2020 term for 12 or more hours OR for all courses necessary to complete a degree program
- Submit a grant application.
- Eligible students will receive payment via ACH deposit if they have bank information on file with the business office. Otherwise, payments will be made via check.
- The first disbursement will be made on August 14, 2020 to students who have met all eligibility requirement as of August 7, 2020.
- Subsequent disbursements will be made on Wednesdays for students that gained eligibility as of the previous Friday.
- Students enrolled in only 2nd 8-week courses are eligible, but payment of the aid may be delayed until October.