- Walk-ins are welcome
- In-Person and Zoom appointments are available
- Writing Consultations - We offer 45-minute writing consultations (one per student per day)
- During a consultation, we will discuss the most critical issues in your writing for any class that you are enrolled in at Temple College that requires writing.
- We also provide assistance via email. Ask a question or request materials or links to useful tools and videos, or attach assignment requirements, a draft of your writing, and include a message specifying what you need help with. Please plan for a 24- hour turnaround if Monday through Thursday with potentially longer turnaround Friday through Sunday.
- Writing Lab - The Writing Center contains 4 computers and areas perfect for study and is also Wi-Fi ready for students who wish to bring laptops.
- Classroom Visits - Writing Center consultants are available to visit classrooms at a faculty member’s request, in order to inform students about Writing Center services.
|Monday - Thursday||8 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|Monday - Thursday||8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
Contact Writing Center
Barron Student Success Center (BSSC)
|Hutto Writing Center||Taylor Writing Center|
Location: Avery Family Library
Hours: Monday - Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Location: Main Building
Hours: Mondays, 2:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Helping Students at Any Stage of the Writing Process
- Prewriting—coming up with a great topic or research idea
- Planning—creating an organizational plan for a project
- Drafting—guiding students during the drafting process
- Revising—answering specific questions about the student’s paper
To Make the Most of Your Visit, Bring:
- Specific goals for what you want to accomplish in your session
- The syllabus or assignment requirements and ideas and questions about your writing
- Necessary textbooks or reference materials and something to write with
Suggestions for Students:
- Manage your time – visit the Writing Center or make appointments early in your writing process. Give yourself enough time to revise your work and perform proofreading and final copy editing.