ESL for Adults is a program for adults learning English as a Second Language to improve their English communication skills with help from instructors. Classes focus on language skills, depending on each student’s English abilities, interests and needs. The ESL program focuses on conversational English, grammar, reading, listening, comprehension, writing and vocabulary. ESL students enjoy small class sizes and a personalized approach to learning. This program is not only an opportunity for language learning but also for cultural exchange and understanding.
Barron Student Success Center (BSSC)
Fall registration begins July 6, 2020, and completed forms will be accepted through July 31, 2020. Forms received after July 31, 2020 will be considered for the next enrollment period.
How to register:
- Create an account and fill out the Temple College Application.
- Please choose Fall 2020 as the Enrollment Term and Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) as the Admit Type in the Enrollment Information section.
- Application is here: https://templejc.elluciancrmrecruit.com/Apply/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=/Apply
- Pick-up required AEL enrollment forms located outside the doors of the Barron Student Success Center. (See picture below for location)
- Return completed forms to the drop box located just inside the doors of the Barron Student Success Center.
- After your forms are reviewed, someone from the AEL Department will contact you via phone, email or text message for further instructions and assessment testing. Please note, if we are unable to reach you and you do not respond to AEL’s call, email or text, you will be dropped from the enrollment process.
Once registration is complete, ESL classes will begin on Monday, August 24, 2020.
If you have questions or need additional information please call or email the office.
Actions you can take now to give you an advantage for fall classes:
- Read something new using https://www.commonlit.org/.
- Improve your English listening skills using https://www.esl-lab.com/.
- Work on your English vocabulary playing https://freerice.com/categories/english-vocabulary.
- Visit https://www.usalearns.org/ to learn English skills online.
Citizenship classes help prepare students for the U.S. Naturalization Exam. The classes provide instruction on the rights and responsibilities of civic participation along with U.S. History and Government pertaining to citizenship and naturalization processes. Orientations, assessments and classes are held in Room 3600 of the Barron Student Success Center (BSSC) on the Temple College campus in Temple.
Please contact us for more information.
Classes will be offered each fall. Check back for current scheduling.