Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is the library open?
A: The libraries in Temple and Hutto are closed effective 03/25/2020 until 05/26/2020. Staff are working remotely. You can contact library staff for assistance through phone, email or chat.
The library will reopen May 26 for the Summer Semester.
The library is only open to students, faculty, and staff of Temple College until further notice.
Summer Semester hours:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 7:45 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday: 7:45 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Q: How do I access library databases from home?
A: You can find directions in our Libguides: Temple College Home Page- Library Tab- Library Guides - Database Troubleshooting. http://libguides.templejc.edu/c.php?g=995955
Q: I am trying to log in to digital library resources and the error message says my TC username or password is incorrect. What should I do?
A: First check and make sure that you are using:
- EXAMPLE: smithj567
- In lower case enter last name (no more than 15 characters), first letter of first name and last 3 digits of the student ID number
- EXAMPLE: for Jan. 30, 1989, type Tc01301989
- The letters “Tc” and 8-character birthdate (month/day/year). No slashes, dashes, or spaces.
A: You can also contact the IT Helpdesk and they can reset your password.
Q: I have books checked out, what do I do?
A: The due date is extended to May 31 and late fees have been waived. Please do not return library materials at this time.
Q: Can I check out a physical book?
A: Checking out physical books is currently handled on a case-by-case basis by the library director. Use the “Library Search” to find out if the library has a copy of the book in ebook format and if not email a request for the physical book to firstname.lastname@example.org and the request will be considered.
Q: Are textbooks available as eBooks?
A: Generally, no. However, many textbook publishers and other education companies are providing assistance to students in light of the quarantine situation. Check out information here:
- Vitalsource Helps - https://get.vitalsource.com/vitalsource-helps
- Chegg - https://www.chegg.com/play/
- Pearson - https://www.pearson.com/us/campaigns/covid-19-student-support.html
- Cengage - https://www.cengage.com/covid-19-support/student/
- McGraw Hill - https://www.mheducation.com
Q: Can reserve books be checked out?
A: This type of a request will be handled on a case-by-case basis by the library director. Use the “Library Search” to find out if the library has a copy of the book in ebook format and if not email a request for the physical book to email@example.com and the request will be considered.