Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the current procedure to enter the library?
Library staff will facilitate all admittance and screening of students entering the library.
A: Enter through the south-side parking lot door. Upon entry into the building students will go through a screening process. Students will be asked to:
- Provide name and student number,
- Review Covid symptoms,
- Temperature is taken and recorded.
Patrons will not be allowed to enter the library if they have a fever of 100 degrees or above, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, weakness, muscle pain, diarrhea, vomiting, loss of smell, or recent exposure to Covid-19.
Q: What are the Covid guidelines in the library?
Current library guidelines:
- Masks are required. Mask is worn over nose and mouth at all times,
- Social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet from all other library patrons,
- Chairs and furniture remain in current position,
- Pair and/or group work is not permitted.
Patrons may be asked to leave the library if they do not follow the above guidelines.
Fall Semester hours:
- Monday & Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday & Thursday: 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed: September 7 - Labor Day
Q: How do I access library databases from home?
A: You can find directions in our Libguides: Temple College Home Page- Library Tab- Library Guides - Database Troubleshooting. http://libguides.templejc.edu/c.php?g=995955
Q: I am trying to log in to digital library resources and the error message says my TC username or password is incorrect. What should I do?
A: First check and make sure that you are using:
- EXAMPLE: smithj567
- In lower case enter last name (no more than 15 characters), first letter of first name and last 3 digits of the student ID number
- EXAMPLE: for Jan. 30, 1989, type Tc01301989
- The letters “Tc” and 8-character birthdate (month/day/year). No slashes, dashes, or spaces.
A: You can also contact the IT Helpdesk and they can reset your password.
Call: 254-298-8450 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: I have books checked out, what do I do?
A: Books can be returned to the book drop box near the north end of the parking lot side of the library. Books are currently collected twice a week and then quarantined for one week before being checked in.
Q: Can I check out a physical book?
A: Yes, currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff can check out physical books:
- use the “Library Search” to find materials and determine if an ebook format is available
- If the title is only available in physical format, write down the title and call number before coming to the library - library staff will pull titles for you
- when possible, email the library at email@example.com 24 hours in advance of your intended visit with title and call number, and the library staff will have it ready for your arrival.
- browsing is discouraged
Q: Are textbooks available as eBooks?
A: Generally, no. However, many textbook publishers and other education companies are providing assistance to students in light of the quarantine situation. Check out information here:
- Vitalsource Helps - https://get.vitalsource.com/vitalsource-helps
- Chegg - https://www.chegg.com/play/
- Pearson - https://www.pearson.com/us/campaigns/covid-19-student-support.html
- Cengage - https://www.cengage.com/covid-19-support/student/
- McGraw Hill - https://www.mheducation.com
Q: Can reserve books be checked out?
A: Yes, reserves can be used for up to two hours onsite.