Clinical Adjunct Professor 8/26/2019- present
- Teaching clinical courses with 8-10 students while incorporating evidence-based practice.
- During the pandemic, I helped to train students in a virtual setting by creating individual simulations and practice material.
- Actively participates in simulation training. Simulations include obtaining vital signs, placing IVs, properly addressing depressed and suicidal patients, wound care, and postpartum patient care.
Resource Nurse 9/8/2019- present
- Chart auditing.
- Patient experience rounds.
- Policy reviewing and editing.
- Precepting new staff on the unit.
- Currently an active member of a PCT training team.
- Discharge callbacks to ensure patient safety and satisfaction.
- Monitoring of infection trends on the unit.
- Creating and monitoring unit goals for key metrics.
- General staff education including unit orientation and creating educational materials.
Adult and Pediatric Medical-Surgical Floor Nurse 2017- present
- Successfully precepted six nurses on the unit.
- Creating a positive work environment by assessing and addressing issues between staff members or patients/visitors.
- Maintaining budget through appropriately staffing the unit.
- Coordinating safe patient care with floor nurses, nursing supervisors, managers, and floor directors.
- Actively participates on the Clinical Practice Council.
- Primary charge nurse.
- Awarded employee of the year and nominated for the Daisy Award five times.
Patient Care Technician III 12/2015-12/2016
- Provided excellent patient-centered care.
- Participated in basic nursing skills such as: starting and discontinuing IVs, performing in and out urinary catheterization, retrieving blood glucoses.
- Performed patient care including baths, turns, physical therapy, and transporting patients to various locations in the hospital.