Ready to enroll? Start with the steps below and make sure to download the New Student Checklist
You may complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at any time. The FAFSA is available beginning October 1st, prior to each academic year. We encourage you to fill it out as soon as possible.
Please see following web site for FAFSA information
All scholarships for Temple College are administered through the Temple College Foundation. Select the Scholarships button below to learn more.
Applications are available beginning January 1 and are due by June 12.
Students seeking a degree, Level II certificate or Enhanced Skills Certificate will be required to take the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) placement test prior to enrolling if they do not meet one of the exemptions below. Before taking this test, completion of a Pre-Assessment Activity is required. Please refer to the TSI Assessment section for more information.
Students may be exempt from taking the TSI for the following reasons:
- The student has qualifying ACT, SAT, TAKS, or STAAR scores
- Copy of scores on an official transcript or official score report is required
- The student is seeking a level – I certificate
- The student has graduated with an associate’s degree or higher
- The student is transferring from an out-of-state or private institution and has met TSI readiness standards as determined by Temple College.
- The student is active duty or retired military
Meet With an Academic Advisor
Before registering for classes, visit an advisor to discuss courses required for a major, understand your degree plan, and create a pathway to degree completion and success.
- Unsure of what major to study? Visit an academic advisor to review degree plan options and the courses required.
- Know where you want to go to school but aren’t sure of the classes to take? An academic advisor is familiar with degree requirements at Texas’ top public transfer institutions and can help you decide what to take and when.
No Appointment is necessary to see an advisor in Temple and in Taylor. For the Hutto center, call 512-759-5900 to schedule an appointment. Please feel free to walk-in anytime Monday through Thursday between 8 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. in the Fall/Spring or Monday through Thursday between 7:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. in the Summer.
Register with an Academic Advisor
All first time Temple College students must register with an Academic Advisor.
Students interested in the options below will need to do the following:
- Technical Programs: Students are encouraged to see the Department Chair for advising.
- Veterans: Students who are using any type of VA benefits of programs MUST see the Veterans’ Affairs Coordinator for advising and registration. Contact a Veteran’s Affairs Coordinator at Travis.French@templejc.edu
- Students who seek accommodations MUST see the Coordinator of Student Accommodations. Contact Coordinator of Student Accommodations at firstname.lastname@example.org