|The TSI Assessment is the state-mandated placement test that Texas public institutions must use to determine a student’s readiness for college-level courses. The results of this important placement test will assist Temple College advisors in scheduling you in the courses where you will be most successful. Before taking the TSI Assessment for the first time, you are required to complete a pre-assessment activity.|
TSI Assessment Fees
The TSI Pre-Assessment will discuss the content and importance of the TSI Assessment, provide information on developmental education options if you don’t meet the minimum passing standard, and provide sample questions and feedback. Temple College is required to document your participation, so students must complete the pre-assessment Activity before taking the TSI Assessment.
Taking the TSI Assessment
- TSI Assessment testing times - Testing is done on an appointment basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to test.
- Pay the $25 TSI Assessment administration fee on the day you test.
- Arrive at the Testing Center with your photo ID and Pre-Assessment Activity Certificate of Completion.
- Complete the TSI Assessment.
- Meet with an Advisor & register for classes.
Students may be exempt from taking the TSI for the following reasons:
- The student has achieved high ACT, SAT, TAKS, or STAAR scores
- Copy of scores on an official transcript or official score report is required
- The student is seeking a Level – I Certificate
- The student has graduated with an associates degree or higher
- The student is transferring from an out-of-state or private institution and has earned 9 hours of college-level credit with a cumulative 2.0 grade point average.
- The student is active duty or retired military