|The TSI Assessment (TSIA2) is the state-mandated placement test that Texas public institutions must use to determine a student’s readiness for college-level courses. The results of this important placement test will assist Temple College advisors in scheduling you in the courses where you will be most successful. Before taking the test for the first time, you are required to complete a pre-assessment activity.|
TSI Assessment Fees
$15 - one section
The TSIA2 Pre-Assessment will discuss the content and importance of the test, provide information on developmental education options if you don’t meet the minimum passing standard, and provide sample questions and feedback. Temple College is required to document your participation, so students must complete the pre-assessment activity before taking the test. When complete, please forward the certificate of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like more TSI preparation resources, see the TSIA2 Test Preparation Resource List.
Taking the TSI Assessment
- TSI Assessment testing times - Testing is done on an appointment basis. Please email email@example.com to schedule a time to test.
- Complete the TSIA2 Pre-Assessment and submit to the Testing Center - information above
- Pay the administration fee before or on the day you test.
- Arrive at the Testing Center with your photo ID and mask.
- Complete the TSI Assessment.
- Meet with an Advisor & register for classes.
Students may be exempt from taking the TSI for the following reasons:
- The student has achieved high ACT, SAT, TAKS, GED or STAAR scores
- Copy of scores on an official transcript or official score report is required
- The student is seeking a Level – I Certificate
- The student has graduated with an associates degree or higher
- The student is transferring from an out-of-state or private institution and has earned 9 hours of college-level credit with a cumulative 2.0 grade point average.
- The student is active duty or retired military