The Admissions and Records office is located in One College Centre (OCC), on the first floor.

Fall and Spring Semester Office Hours
Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. – Noon
Summer Office Hours
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday Closed


Phone Number:

Fax Number:

Mailing address:
Temple College
Attn: Admissions and Records
2600 South First Street
Temple, Texas 76504-7435

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I enroll without a HS diploma or GED?

Yes, by Individual Approval – Financial Aid is not available without a HS diploma or GED.

How do I change my residency?

If you move from out-of-district to in-district, you must provide proof of residency and have lived in-district for six months, before your residency will be changed. If you move from non-resident to in-district or out-of-district, you must provide proof of residency and have lived at your residency for one year before your residency will be changed. Documentation accepted to show proof of residency is located in the Temple College Catalog under admission to college. It is the student’s responsibility to change his/her residency, and the burden of proof is on the student.

How do I get a course description?

Go to, select Resources and click on College Catalog.

How do I get my grades at the end of the semester?

Once the semester has ended and grades have been processed, you can view your courses and grades on your Self Service account. If you have any holds such as tickets, or financial aid, you will not be able to view your grades until your holds have been removed.

How long does it take to process an on-line application?

It will take up to 3 business days for the application to be transmitted to the college and 5 business days for it to be entered into the system. During registration, it may take longer to process.

I’ve submitted my application for admission, now what?

Once you submitted your application, you should have your official transcripts sent to Temple College. You will receive a letter of acceptance. Included in your acceptance letter will be information on testing, accessing your Temple College email and Self Service account.

The last name on my form is wrong because I got married/divorced. How do I get my name changed on my records?

A: This must be done in person at Admissions and Records located in the One College Centre. Student must present either a valid driver’s license AND a valid Social Security card with the new name, OR a copy of their marriage certificate/divorce decree, and fill out a change of information form.

What is Academic Fresh Start?

If you’re a Texas resident and apply for or readmission to Texas public colleges or universities and enroll as an undergraduate, you may be able to begin a new course of study with a clear academic record.

If you have credits for college courses taken ten or more years prior to the planned enrollment date, those credits (and grades) can be ignored for enrollment purposes under the “Academic Fresh Start” Law.

Please remember: This is an all-or-nothing option. You cannot pick and choose which courses to ignore and which courses to count. If you choose the “Academic Fresh Start” option, you will not receive any credit for any courses you took at least ten years ago. Once processed, this is an irreversible decision.

This means that courses taken previously:

  • Cannot be used to fulfill new prerequisite requirements;
  • Cannot be counted toward your new degree; and
  • Will not be counted in your new G.P.A. calculations.

These courses will NOT be removed from your Temple College transcript, beside the courses a code FGV will be used to indicate these courses have been ignored.

This will NOT have any effect on your TSI status.

Academic Fresh Start clears only your academic record. When deciding your eligibility for financial aid, the school must still count all prior credits earned. If you earned a graduate degree prior to enrolling as an undergraduate under the Academic Fresh Start option, you will only be eligible for aid available to graduate students. Contact the Director of Financial Aid for more details.

What is the difference between in-district, out-of-district, and non-resident?

Residency status is determined at the point of application submission. For residency requirements, please see the Temple College catalog under admission to college.

When do I need to send my transcript?

You should request your official transcript be sent to Temple College as soon as you apply. Please mail to

Temple College
ATTN: Admissions and Records
2600 South First Street
Temple, TX 76504

When is the last day to drop, apply for degree, last day of classes, etc. for the current term?

All of the important dates for full-term classes are available in the Registration Information section of the website. Go to, click on Admissions, click on Enroll Now and then click on Registration Information.

Where can I get a catalog?

The Temple College Catalog can be found at our website. Go to, select Resources and click on College Catalog.

Where can I get a schedule of courses?

The Schedule of Courses changes every semester. You can view the current schedule on-line at our website, select Resources and click on class schedule.